Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tot School- K is for Kite

We've been moving right along in the alphabet!  This week was a fun week with K is for Kite!  Little Guy is 35 months old.


To make our letter K this week, Little Guy had to do several things.  First, I had printed some kites from the Kite pack at 2 Teaching Mommies.  I cut some kites into strips and Little Guy cut them apart.  Then he painted the K blue (to look like the sky).  This time, I put some paint directly on the K, so he just had to spread it around.  This helped him to get the entire K painted.  Finally, he glued the kites onto the K.  Even though this one activity took 3 days to complete, I am pleased with how it came out!
The next activity was decorating a kite.  I put the black outlines of a kite on clear contact paper.  I also cut apart different colors of tissue paper into small squares.  Little Guy just had to put the tissue paper onto the contact paper.  However, you know how Little Guy doesn't like to paint?  Well, he also doesn't like contact paper (which is a bummer, because I love all the neat projects you can do).  So I don't have any good pictures of this project.  Sorry.

Next up was pouring.  I had a little blue milk pitcher (that came with my dishes) and a plastic cup.  Little Guy's task was to pour the water from the pitcher to the cup.  He LOVED this activity!  I think he did it everyday, and would do it 2 or 3 times each day! 
Another activity from the Kite Pack at 2 Teaching Mommies was Memory.   Little Guy is getting better at this game, and 4 pairs is a little too easy for him.
The next activity was one I made, based on counting cards at 1+1+1=1.  Little Guy can fairly consistently count and use one-to-one correspondence up to 3.  Based on that, I am now trying to help him work on 4.  I made the numeral cards up to 4, then made cards with 1 kite, 2 kites, 3 kites, and 4 kites.  Little Guy had to match the numeral to the correct number of kites.  This wasn't introduced until Wednesday, so I think Little Guy only did it once.  This is an activity we will do again.
The final activity was printables.  I printed sheets from the K set at 1+1+1=1 and 3 Dinosaurs.  He seemed to enjoy the little book from 3 Dinosaurs.

Follow Stacy's board Alphabet- K on Pinterest.

Next week there will not be a new Tot School post.  Grandma and Granddaddy A are visiting so we are taking a week off from Tot School.

See you in 2 weeks!

We linked up to the Tot School Gathering Place at 1+1+1=1!

No comments:

Post a Comment