Saturday, August 31, 2013

Blue Day

As I have mentioned in previous posts, one thing I am working on with Little Guy is colors.  I was inspired by a series of posts on Play Create Explore that focus on a color of the week.  While I was not quite ready to dedicate an entire week to each color, I though about what activities I could do in a day to practice a color. 

The first color we practiced was blue.  Our blue activities included making blue scented rice for a new sensory bin, painting with blue paint, using blue markers, wearing the color blue, and playing with blue play dough.

We made blue rice, using this recipe from Growing a Jeweled Rose and blue Kool Aid!  We had a lot of fun with it!


Since Little Guy had still been enjoying airplanes, I thought we would paint some.  I have these large plastic stencils that we used.

We started out using s sponge...

but it soon got on our hands!

Finger painting!

Our finished art.

What I learned was that there was too much for just one day!  We did this back in July (sorry it's late!), but did not get everything done that I wanted!  (We never even got out the play dough and I had a few more ideas that I did not even mention.)  After some reflection on my goals for Little Guy, we will do a couple of colors a week.  Stay tuned for more color activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment