Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Whole wheat pancakes with sweet potato puree

So I have written previously about how I like to pack Little Guy's food with goodness. I have made Veggie Muffins several times (last time I made a double batch so they would last longer) and Broccoli Bites (I put chicken in some of these to add a little extra protein. I am also going to try making a small batch with cauliflower instead).

I wanted to make pancakes that were really nutritious too. Pancakes are super easy for us in the morning for Little Guy, since we are trying to get out of the house to get to school.  I can make a batch of these over the weekend, then freeze them and thaw enough for breakfast that morning.


Whole Wheat Pancakes with Sweet Potato Puree
 This recipe makes about 36 silver dollar sized pancakes.
 1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbs brown sugar
 2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sweet potato puree
1 cup milk
 2 Tbs oil

1. Combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Make a well in the center, set aside. Combine the sweet potato puree, milk, and oil. Add sweet potato mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Add additional milk to thin out batter, making it pancake consistancy, if necessary.

2. Pour desired amount of batter onto hot greased skillet. To make silver dollar sized pancakes, pour about 1/8 cup batter per pancake. Turn over when batter bubbles on top. Cook 1-2 minutes on second side.

Here is the pancake batter.
Look at those yummy pancakes!
Mmmmm, mommy! These are good!


No comments:

Post a Comment