Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fingerpaint fun!

One messy activity that I like to do with Little Guy is finger paint!  From Pinterest, I found this recipe from The Imagination Tree.  I made 1/2 of the recipe (because that's how much cornstarch I had on hand!) and then colored some red, some blue, and some yellow.  I took an old sheet and put it on the floor, stripped Little Guy down to his diaper, and plopped us onto the sheet.  The first day we used it, I just let Little Guy smear it all over the paper!  We squooshed it in our hands and a great time.  When I got up to wash my hands, Little Guy started to crawl to follow me, getting paint on the floor!  Good thing it wiped up easily!
A couple of days later we were ready to paint again.  I tried another idea, from a Pin of As Time Flies.  Daddy put painters tape on the paper.  One paper had Little Guy's name, and the other paper had a heart.  We let Little Guy go to town! (This time I remembered to have wipes around for his hands!)

Concentrating hard on his art!

Hamming it up for the camera!
Little Guy's Artwork!
Here is some of the finished artwork!  The top was piece was painted with the cornstarch finger paint that I made.  The bottom piece was painted with regular store bought finger paint.  The advantage of the store bought paint was that the colors were so much more vibrant!  We plan on sending one to Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment