Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back to school

So Monday I started back at work. The first day of school is always very exciting! It is one of my favorite days of the school year.

This year, I was delighted to meet 11 (yes, you read that right, 11!) kindergartners ready and excited to spend the morning with me! I am amazed at how excited and sad the parents are to leave their children in my care. It is a bittersweet day for them, watching their child venture into the world of school. Several of my students are the oldest in their family, so this is their first experience. In the past, I never quite understood quite what the parents were going through. Last year, I TOTALLY GOT IT!!!!  It was so hard for me to leave Little Guy for the first time!

Anyway, we had a great first day, and all the kindergartners returned on Tuesday!  No casualties!

I thought I would give you a peak at my "home" away from home.
This is the view of the room when you walk in the door.  It has a very open feel to the room.
This is at the front of the classroom rug. I just added the rocking chair this year!
What kindergarten classroom would be complete without dress-up and blocks?

What about Little Guy, you may ask. Well, Little Guy has had the pleasure of staying home and playing with Grandma B! His daycare is closed this week, so Grandma B flew up here to play with him! They have had a great time watching the school buses on our street, playing outside, snuggling, and just playing together. We are so lucky that Grandma B could come up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment