Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cloth diapers

When Little Guy was about 7 months old, I decided to give cloth diapers a try. I was looking for some ways to save money and thought that not buying disposable diapers every month would be a good way. I started with a diaper trial from Jillian's Drawers. This allowed me to see if I liked the cloth diapers and to see if I could keep up with the laundry before making a big investment. Well, I loved them!

7 months later we are still going strong. I have now built a big enough stash that I can wash diapers every other day and allow them to hang dry. Its easy to let them hang dry in the summer, I'll re-evaluate this fall and winter! Almost all of my diapers are pocket diapers. This means that I put the absorbent part of the diaper in a pocket in the shell, and it is ready to go!  This makes it easy to put a diaper on a wiggly toddler...it goes on just like a disposable!

Here are most of our pocket diapers!

I now own 34 cloth diapers.  We spent under $400 on our diapers, including the diaper sprayer and a few other accessories!  $400 would probably only buy disposable diapers for 8 months!  We should get about 2 years worth of use with these diapers for Little Guy, and will be able to use them on a younger sibling (when that time comes!)!

Daddy even got on board with the cloth diapers!  Even though I change diapers most of the time, Daddy is still willing to change the cloth.  Our daycare even uses our cloth, too!

In addition to buying lots of cute diapers, I even made a special diaper for Little Guys birthday! He wore it during his cake smash!

Here is the diaper I made!  Isn't my model cute, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment