Friday, August 17, 2012

End of the summer

Well, summer is wrapping up quickly.  Next week I return to life as a working mom, teaching morning kindergarten.  It is a job that I love, but I will miss all the extra time I have been spending with Little Guy.

Before I head back, I want to share some of the things that we did this summer.  We have been to the zoo many times!  Little Guy is in a pointing phase right now.  It's great because I can tell if he is seeing an animal because he points at the animal!  I think that the giraffes are his favorite animals, but the penguins are fun too because they swim right up to the glass!

Mommy, Daddy, and Little Guy at the Zoo!  Look at those elephants!


We also take time to play outside (almost) every day!  For his birthday, we got Little Guy a water table.  Its a pretty simple  table, but he really seems to enjoy playing in it.  We have some wiffle balls that we can drop down the center, some toy boats, and some plastic containers.

Little Guy and Mommy playing in the water!
 In addition to the water table, we also have a sand sensory tub that we can play with.  I had a shallow plastic tub that we put some playground sand in (bought from the Home Depot!) and then I bought some beach toys to add to it.  We try to head outside for at least 30 minutes every day.  We get really nice shade from the house, so we can play for a while.  I think that Little Guy's favorite outdoor toy is the lawn mower that grandma gave him!  It makes lots of noises, including a "glug-glug" sound when you turn the gas cap!

No comments:

Post a Comment