Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tot School- G is for Garden

With nice weather comes a longing to be outside!  We have spent lots of time outside, so it was a great week to learn about G is for Garden.  Little Guy is 34 months old.


In keeping with decorating the letter for the week, this week we decorated a G with Easter grass.  First Little Guy painted the G green.  Once it had dried, I gave him some Easter grass to glue on.  I cut the grass up a little, so there were smaller pieces that I hoped would glue on easier.  He liked using the grass!
The next activity was similar to one we did last week.  I used the dot marker sheet for G from School Time Snippets and some gray glass rocks.  Little Guy had to put one glass rock on each circle.  I think the novelty of having something new to use (we have never used these rocks before) helped to peak his interest.  I think he completed this activity 2 or 3 times during the week.
The next activity was cutting practice.  I printed sheets from the Spring Cut It Out pack at This Reading Mama and the G is for Garden pack at Motherhood on a Dime.  Little Guy cut the pictures apart, then would either glue them back together or we made patterns out of them.  He does not really understand patterns yet, but it is an concept we are working on.
The next activity was from 1+1+1=1.  I gave Little Guy the numbers to sequence, the pictures of goats to size sequence with the numbers, and 3 pipe cleaners with 6 wooden beads.  He can recognize all these numbers now and was able to match the goats with the numbers.  To go with each number, he had to put that many beads on the pipe cleaner.  I am trying to make sure he associates the numeral with the quantity.  Plus, it was an easy way to sneak in some fine motor practice:)
While I offered 2 printables, he only completed one this week.  I had a G page from 1+1+1=1 and a page from the G is for Garden pack at Motherhood on a Dime
The last activity was sorting fruit and vegetables, from the G is for Garden pack at Motherhood on a Dime. This was a new idea, as we eat many of these things but had not really talked about fruit and vegetables.  This was definitely a work-together activity.
My plan for the week was that we would also plant some sunflower seeds that would later be transplanted to the garden.  However, we did not get that done.  I feel like Little Guy had some good expereinces last week anyway, and we will get to planting soon!

We linked up to the Tot School Gathering Place at 1+1+1=1!

No comments:

Post a Comment