Sunday, October 28, 2012

Giggles

Earlier this week, Little Guy and I took an afternoon to play at the park.  Where we live, the leaves have mostly all changed colors and are starting to fall.  Although Little Guy was around last year at this time, he was only four months old and didn't get to experience the fall leaves.  So I wanted to make sure we had some time to play in the leaves.

We went to a new (to us) park, one that has a swimming pool open in the summer, and still has big trees and a play structure open all year. Our first stop within the park was to play in the leaves.  I would throw the leaves up, and Little Guy just giggled and loved to see the leaves falling down.  We kicked the leaves, and tried to run through them.  We had fun.

I love being outside!

Look at all those leaves!

Wait, did I tell you about the weather   I think the high that afternoon was in the mid forties.  It was pretty cold!  We were bundled up.  Little Guy had on a puffy coat, a hat, and those cute little toddler mittens with no thumbs.  I just had on my coat; I forgot my hat and gloves at home.
Anyway, after the leaves we went to the play structure.  Little Guy really enjoys the slide and swing. We stopped at the swing first.  He looked so happy to be on the swing.  This is the sound that melts my heart...giggles!



 He loved going down the slide, and has figured out how to scootch his bottom so he will start to slide down.

At the top of the slide!

Down I go!


After a few times on the slide, we had to leave.  It was starting to rain fairly hard, and since I had forgotten my hat, I was getting very wet.  But we had a great afternoon at the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment