Friday, March 8, 2013

Cheerios and a Pipe Cleaner

So Little Guy and I had to stay home today.  I know, you feel bad for me, don't you!  He was running a fever so we we had an extra day together.  But the thing about little people is that they don't really want to stay in bed when they're sick.  Once they get the medicine that helps them feel better, they're off and running again.

So I was trying to do some activities with Little Guy that would keep him stationary.  One activity we did was threading Cheerios onto a pipe cleaner.  I got it started by putting one Cheerio on and wrapping the pipe cleaner around it so it wouldn't fall off.  Then I gave it to Little Guy to try. 

Getting started and trying on my own.

At first, he was having hard time getting the pipe cleaner through the hole if he was holding both items.  As long as I held the pipe cleaner and kind of directed it, he was able to thread the Cheerios.  After a while, we has able to do some completely on his own!


Mommy helping to hold the pipe cleaner.

Pushing the Cheerio to the bottom.

Look at all those Cheerios that I threaded!

This activity probably held his attention for about 10 to 15 minutes.  He seemed to enjoy it and when he would look at the Cheerios on the pipe cleaner he would get a big smile on his face!

All done!

We are traveling during the next few months, and I think this will be a good activity to take with us. 

What activities do you do with your toddler when they are sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment